The Subcommittee on Plant Health Diagnostics (SPHD) aims to sustain and improve the quality and reliability of plant pest diagnostics in Australia. SPHD achieves this by:
- Coordinating the development of National Diagnostic Protocols for priority plant pests
- Developing and implementing the National Plant Biosecurity Diagnostic Strategy within the framework of the National Plant Biosecurity Strategy and the Intergovernmental Agreement on Biosecurity
- Coordinating the National Plant Biosecurity Diagnostic Network
- Assisting the development of diagnostic tools and material
- Facilitating and coordinating the delivery of training to diagnosticians
- Facilitating the progression of laboratory accreditation and proficiency testing
SPHD is a subcommittee of Plant Health Committee (PHC) and includes representation from the Australian, state and territory governments, Plant Health Australia, Plant Biosecurity CRC, CSIRO and the New Zealand Ministry of Primary Industries.
The full list of SPHD members can be found on the membership page.
The operating guidelines for SPHD can be accessed below. You will need to log in to view the document.
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please login. New users may register below.